Friday, May 11, 2007

Coming Attractions

Big surprise I've not written anything here since I've been back. I've been working a fair bit...so time consuming that work thing is. The rides are coming along though, and I just wanted to post a few upcoming things.

First, I've been asking around about doing some night rides on Friday nights. So far, responses are positive except for Al, who'd prefer Monday or Thursday. Monday seems not so good since it is sandwiched between two existing riding days for most, and Thursday would be late, like after 9- late, which I think is too late. I'll continue to ask around about Fridays, and see if we can get it going next week.

Second, the Brown lake ride'n'sleep is coming up on the first weekend of June. Rodd and Pascal mapped out a great route in their roadies and it will be good to go either for crossy type or larger tired road bikes. A good sized groups seems to be coming together; it ought to be fun. Touring pace (credit card touring anyway). If your coming, better start scheming your cooking/food prep shortly.

Third, Rideau lakes is two weeks after Brown. I expect it to be fast. Hoping for temperate weather after my first boilfest, followed by the freezefest last year. Crossed fingers.

Fourth, it seems like there might be a regular Sunday morning road ride coming together. Glenn suggested fixed gears for the strength benefits; we'll see.

Fifth, looks like there might be both a mtb and road ride on Tuesday night. I'm thinking Kingsmere would be good for the mtb. I'll take calls at the shop Tues to organize.

Finally, I discussed the possibility of building a pump track with Bass at his place a while ago, and am thinking we could get it done with a little organization. I'm going to talk to him about it again when I see him next, and if he is still down, we should all choose a day to get together to do the work. Big fun will follow for all, including the pip-squeaks.

2 comments:

croskery said...

Hey,
Firstly: Friday niht rides would be great. Were both in on that. Monday for me is rest day so I am out no matter what.

Secondly: Were in for the pump track. Let me know if and when Bas want it and I shall be healed.

Candace and I are away this coming weekend in NS and two weeks after that (june1st), were away for another week in CUBA.

Matt with the hair said...

Cool stuff Greg. I'm gonna see about doing a night ride this Friday. I'll call you and see if you are well.