Today is my last day in Montreal. I'm spending it finalizing a paper and putting some more time into the one about bike messengers, which I'll finish in Ottawa. I would have liked to take the long route in to school up the mountain, but its pretty nasty out there. When I rode in, I experienced a strange mix of massive snow'flakes' mixed with sleet-y hail. The hard bits hurt my eyes and face. Oh well. I'm hoping things dry up a bit for Sunday's ride.
After l leave school I plan to have my last dinner at my/our favourite place, Aux Vivres, a vegan restaurant on St. Laurent. This was the first space Ronan spent time in after leaving the birthing centre. She slept through that, which only happened one more time in the many visits since.
Tonight will involve loud music - since my 'stereo' and speakers will be packed last - a bit of furniture disassembly, and futon wrestling. I have to bag up two out of our three; this ought to be sweaty. I think carrting them down the stairs tomorrow will be the highlight. If only my bro was on good terms with my dad (who is coming with the Budger truck)...he has big muscles everywhere, unlike me. Viau is supposed to come and help; hope he has retained some of his rugby burl. As long as I'm not stuill sore on Sunday, I'll be happy.
Once in Ottawa, its 3D tetris time. I have to fit most of our stuff into a 10x10ft storage unit. I'm expecting to have to pile stuff pretty high. Its all about filling voids, and I've yet to be stumped by a packing challenge, so I'm optimistic.
So after that, its game on - I plan to go for a 100k ride later in the day. Kidding. But I do hope to swing by T&L Thursday evening.
Ok, time to work, see y'all soon.
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Matt, we are thinking of the Robaix this weekend so we will probably see you Sunday.
How did your move go? Sad, happy, exhausted?
Hey Greg,
Great to hear about Sunday. Excited about the weather I am!
The move went very well, Just one box in storage that should be at the house...not bad. No sad, glad. And only somewhat sore today, which I am very happy about.
I will be at T&L tonight from about 7-9, so if you have any business to take care of there, perhaps we could cross paths there. Perhaps a drink later?
Hey, We are doing a lot of DIY on our house so we wont be anywhere except inside tonight. We should gather the clan up again for another night at the pub. IT could be a "welcome back to Oddawa" drink session.
Post a Comment