Monday, February 26, 2007

Beautiful Customs










Last night while Danielle watched the Oscars, and I annoyed her with my innane questions derived frmo my half attention, I devoted the other half of my attention to a bunch of custom frame builder's sites from the exhibitors list on the American Handmade Bicycle Show site: http://www.handmadebicycleshow.com/index.html

I had to save a few pictures to share, because I came across a ton of fantastic frames. Also lots of incredible lugs, and the coolest headtube badge I've ever seen.

3 comments:

D said...

Oh Matt...you don't have to be embarassed that you watched the Oscars. In fact, it was me who found all these frames while surfing and sent them to Matt.

Pascii said...

I knew it. I liked the sound effects orchestra. And didn't Nicole Kidman look amazing! Oohh, to be a movie star (swooon)

So I'm sure Danielle knows all about these fine american custom frame builders as well (get the kleenex out)
The red road bike here is so killer
http://www.moyercycles.com/

And this guy is a full on "Constructeur"
http://www.vanillabicycles.com/

http://www.jonnycycles.com/
http://www.antbikemike.com/

And check out this insanely quick looking fixie

http://tinyurl.com/39gvpk

vrrooom

Matt with the hair said...

I too liked the sound FX orchestra - amazing.

I checked out the Moyers, and they are nice indeed. But the Vanilla bikes are probably the nicest I have yet to see. This guy makes bikes exactly to my taste (I love his use of brown bar tape and saddles where appropriate). His level of artisanship is incredible, but the angle also seem right on. His chainguard on the Grey Fixie is so elegant. The cross bikes are beautiful, And the forks...wow. I am in awe. The headtube junction picture on the homepage is the same pic that Dirt Rag printed, which got me on the exhibition site in the first place...destiny. These are dream bikes without equivocation.