Here is a list of riding events in the pipe:
April 28 or 29th (tentative) - Almonte Roubaix
Early June - Brown Lake Road Bike Extraveganza
June 16-17 - Rideau Lakes tour
August 24-26 - Albion Hills 24hr
September sometime - Brown II Mountain Bike Extraveganza (tentative)
Anyone have other events to add? How about the Enduro DH at Whiteface, other DH races you DHers are interested in?
On another note, I came across this pic of the Salsa Jamie said he was considering. Pretty cool in this form.
4 comments:
Candace & I will probably do the Whiteface race this year and a couple local DH races. I believe Whiteface will be having a couple of events this year and I can update people as the info becomes available.
We go to Whiteface regularly just for riding so I will let you know about we go.
I was talking to you about doing a mini Tour De France where 7 rides back to back would be put together. Could be a mixture of road and Mountain. Thoughts on this?
I want to make more trips to Bromont.
As for the Brown rides will they really be extraVEGANzas?
Yeah Greg, it would be great if you could put up the Whiteface events. I can add you as an author so that you can post rather than just comment, and the same goes for everyone else. Just let me know,
I had forgotten about the your Mini Tour de France/Outawais scheme. I'm still lovin it, and Danielle has given me clearance. I too think a mix of road and MTB would be cool. I suppose lights would be involved to some extent. It seems the biggest challenge will be setting a week that works for everyone who is interested. Another reason for people to submit their schedules for the summer. I wonder if this could be done in August prior the 24hr race at Albion Hills Pascal, Rodd and I are working on figuring out. Anyone else interested in doing this event; fast singletrack without any big climbs, lake onsite...
Bromont is fun. I'd like to go some time too.
Who's sharp eye caught the extraVEGANza? All I can say is that last time our food was nearly 100% vegan, and everyone loved it. I'm sure there will be plenty of good food to eat for everyone however it works out.
Update:
From the looks of it, the Paris (Almonte) Roubaix seems like it'll be on the last weekend of April, since the OBC has a "Spring in Virginia" thing going on April 14-22. Our plan is to move on the weekend of the 21-22, which means that if the ride is the last weekend (28-29) I'll be able to make it. Seems likely that they would work it this way.
Post a Comment