Thursday, January 18, 2007

Fast tracks up the mountain





Danielle kept Ronan home today to help get over a cold, so I took the opportunity to do work in the hood for the day rather than go into school. I spent a few hours at a place nearby, and suffered through a album of quebecois disco; it was terrible, really terrible. I didn't have headphones with me to drown it out. After hangin with the ladies for a while during Ronan's nap, I headed home so I could take a spin up the mountain.

Great conditions today. About minus 5 celcius, plowed surface, fast. I rolled up past walkers, dogs, snowboarders hitting kickers and rails, xc-skiers enjoying the nice snow, and two other bikers. I decided to bring the camera along, and as I stopped to pull it out a strolling man in his 40s asked me about his seized brakes, which were keeping him from riding. What to do he asked. I sold him on the virtues or riding fixed for the winter (or all the time). He was francophone, but his english was good enough to get what I was saying eventually, and he was pretty stoked on the idea of switching his ten speed over to become a more reliable, safer mount. Right on. So then I took some pics as I rode up.

No comments: